[Diabetes-Talk] What do people eat to turn around a hypo

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Jul 29 16:48:56 UTC 2019

While juice is good, sometimes I find it upsets my stomach. Lately if my sugar goes low I’ll take a tablespoon of jam or preserves. It seems to work really fast in turning the low around. I just have to be careful not to over-treat the low which can be difficult especially if I am feeling really low or find the number is dropping quickly.

After having diabetes 51 years I find that it takes a longer time for the low to reverse. Because of that, I’ll always try to get a snack in while my sugar level is in a good low range.

Eileen