[Diabetes-Talk] Questions regarding Victoza and ending treatment

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Fri Jun 14 21:31:16 UTC 2019

Hi Terri.
First, the high BG alone could contribute to the swelling in your legs. One place you could start would be to do one injection of long-acting insulin, usually at night. That way you're not yet doing insulin with every meal but you could have a better basal insulin. And frankly, most type two's I know say they feel so much better once they start insulin and wonder why they resisted. My hubby has been unable to tolerate a bunch of Type 2 meds, including Trulicity. He hasn't yet started Victoza because using Tresiba long-acting insulin is starting to help. I hope this gives you options when you talk with your doctor.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com