[Diabetes-Talk] Dexcom Question

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 17:54:38 UTC 2019

Hi Robert! I have been using the Dexcom for about six years now just for the same reason as your wife. I actually woke up in the middle of the night feeling funny and passed out in my bathroom for quite a wild. I ended up with a concussion along with injuries to my shoulder from the fall. She should definitely look into getting one, since not feeling your low blood sugar’s only gets worse. My Dexcom will go off and tell me I am less than 55, and I don’t feel a thing.

I would call and talk to Dexcom about the skin sensitivity issue. I don’t have a sensitivity like your wife, but the tape would get extremely itchy after just a few days for me. A former member of this group, Tom (May he Rest In Peace) told me to spray the area where the patch will go with some kind of allergy nasal spray like nasal necks or Flonase.  Amazingly, that really helped me. I have to say though that ever since I started using the G6 sensors, I haven’t had any itchiness and don’t even use the spray any longer. I wonder if they perfected the adhesive since the G5.

Hope this helps. Please keep us informed.

    Jamie

Sent from my iPhone