[Diabetes-Talk] Dexcom and Medicare.

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Mon Mar 11 19:57:22 UTC 2019

Dexcom wants to cover people who don't have smart phones and considers the
receiver to be a backup. I do know sighted people who use the phone during
the day and the receiver at night so they don't have to have the phone near
them during those hours.
Having said that, I now have two receivers that have never come out of their
package. Way to go, cheapskates. But Dexcom is still telling me that April
is quite likely and they are doing this slow roll-out right now. Of course,
the real answer is it will happen when it happens. But I would advise
anyone, especially if it's time to replace a transmitter, to press hard on
Dexcom to find out whether or not it's happened yet. Of course, if you're a
cash paying customer, you should ask every time because you can get what you
want.
As for the changing the reservoir every three days, I've always heard that
from Medtronic, not from anyone else. Their stuff costs more as well.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407