[Diabetes-Talk] I ran

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 01:40:27 UTC 2019

I believe this has been explained several times here in the last few months.
Likely, there will be about a 30 number difference between your meter and
CGM; this is normal. There's nothing to "fix." If the numbers are about 50
apart, then perhaps something is wrong with the sensor, but 30, give or
take, is not a big deal.

However, I will say, in my experience, Dexcom hasn't had that big of a
difference between my Prodigy and the CGM; it's usually only a few numbers
off. Being that Libre isn't quite as sophisticated yet, it might have a
bigger difference. And with Dexcom, it could vary person-to-person and
meter-to-meter.

But honestly, if you test your meter against a hospital grade meter, it will
likely be 20 to 30 numbers off.

So Dar, you're not doing anything wrong, and there's nothing to fix. This is
just the way the technology works.