[Diabetes-Talk] future CGM and pump accessibility

Doula Jarboe doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 19:32:10 UTC 2019

Hi Verlyn,

 Is managing your Diabetes as a blind person the main reason for
moving to an assisted facility? Or are there other reasons for
something like that? I had a cat for years who emotionally supported
me, so I completely get your not wanting to give up your cat. I have
multiple medical issues and have a paid care giver through a medicaid
program called Colorado access which is long-term home care. I have it
set up so that my husband is my care taker, since he's here all the
time. We don't believe in legal marriage, so as far as the state and
the government is concerned, we are room mates. I know the agency he
works for won't pay relatives to do the care taking. So there may be a
similar program in your state that you could use and be able to stay
where you are living now. Hope this helps.
Doula