[Diabetes-Talk] future CGM and pump accessibility

fidano at comcast.net fidano at comcast.net
Sat Nov 9 23:23:03 UTC 2019

Verlyn,
Again, as others have commented.. not knowing all the facts...
I have had Type 1 for over 45 years, I have been totally blind since 1987.
I have lived totally alone the past 4.5 years, after a 30 yr marriage and
then bad divorce.
I use the Dexcom 5
The contour meter supplied by Dexcom....
Bot work via my iPhone 8
I use pens for my insulin and have created various ways to know when and
what I took.
I have a room I exercise in, walk my dog via the neighborhood, clean, cook,
garden.. and work within and outside my home, I use Lyft car for transport
as it is close, convenient and quick.

When I get in the downer dumps.. I often think moving to a apartment, condo
whatever and letting my baby go! What a self-destructive  thought is that?
If there is a will, there "has" to be a way!

So, I don't understand the 1 specific place you refer too, having to move to
and let your cat go,  or other related reasons for your concern?
I do encourage letting whomever, metatronics or Dexcom know of your  plight,
but..
I had a friend stop in when I first got my Dexcom, over 4 years ago and read
instructions, listen to videos and  been off and running with it.
I did need help w/setting up the meter they provided/Dexcom, but was using
prodigy prior and honestly... like the contour so much better! But does need
sighted assistance for  the setting up w/Bluetooth and you phone.
I know there are several apps as be my eyes and more that will offer camera
assistance in finding  info you might need? Codes etc.
But, if I get a sighted friend to read me the code on my transmitter when it
arrives in notes.. I have it when the time come to change.
I know some on this list have used their camera on phone.. so there are
multitudes of ways to make ones way forward .. and independently, as much as
one can.
Once again, forgive me for any comments  I made, unaware of other
disabilities or issues you might have.
	Tamera