[Diabetes-Talk] Accessible equipment for monitoring type 2 diabetes /blood pressure

jamielgurganus at gmail.com jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 21:36:24 UTC 2019

Hi Pratik!  I ordered a talking blood pressure monitor from Amazon.  There
are a ton of options for them, so I chose one with a good rating.  Also, my
doctor said to only get the arm cuff kind and not the newer wrist cuffs.  I
ordered the Choice MMed that was $24.99.  It is pretty accurate  according
to the visiting nurse that came to visit me.  I chose this particular model,
since it has a large screen readout, since my son has low vision and likes
to check his BP at times.

I use the Prodigy meter along with the Dexcom.  I also have a talking
bathroom scale from Amazon.

Most of us on this site also use the free Seeing AI app on our phones.  It
is very helpful for reading mail, prescription bottles, food labels, etc.
It also reads product codes and has a money and color detector feature.  I
love this app.  Like I said, it is a free download from the App store.  I
think it is for both types of phones, but it might just be for the iPhone.

What other things might you and your mom need to help her remain
independent?

						Jamie