[Diabetes-Talk] inpen companion.

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Mon Nov 25 03:17:09 UTC 2019

Eileen, I have not played with the app, only had my hubby look at screen shots. I have played with the pen itself. As for the cartridges, you do not fill them like with a pump. You simply place the cartridge into the pen. The cartridge would contain a certain number of units of insulin. I remember dealing with those in the late eighties. I liked the cases that used to come with those old pen. Made it much easier to cope with carrying needles with you in public. No idea what I'd do now if I had to do that.
Verlyn, your question about using the pen in public is one of the reasons I'm so desperately hanging on to my pump. I hope someone responds to your question because it would be mine as well. I thought of you when I read the article because it might make it easier down the road should you reach the point where you feel you need more assistance with management.
For now I'm still with my Omnipod but I figure, the more I know, the less fear there is when things change.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com