[Diabetes-Talk] Starting to feel a sense of panic when it comes to my diabetes

Terri Stimmel icecreamlover76 at outlook.com
Sat Oct 5 22:33:03 UTC 2019

Hello again Jamie,

First of all, that's a good question as to whether or not my doctor's
office has a dietician. They've never said, and I've never thought to
ask. But this is something I would like to look in to. I think something
like this could be quite helpful.

I did see 1 for a short time, in the very beginning of my diagnosis. But
at the time I found it difficult to retain the information. I didn't
really have a way to take notes. Now that I have an iPhone though, I
feel this could be different.

As for eating out and eating frozen foods, I do agree with you that this
is not the best options. I used to eat a bunch of TV dinners. Not the
better ones either. I stopped doing this about a year ago. I am so glad
that I did. I have seen a difference from doing this. So at least that
is a plus.

How do you know what affects your blood sugar?

I mean, if for dinner you eat more than 1 thing, then how do you know
what it is that possibly might have made things worse?

This is always so confusing to me.

Also, I know some of the symptoms for low blood sugar. I have
experienced them.

But do you know what some of the symptoms are, someone with high blood
sugar might experience?

I realize this can be different for everyone.

1 problem I have is that I am very hot natured. Maybe this has nothing
to do at all with my diabetes. Even when I was a child I tended to get
hot easily. But it's so bad now. I have a fan on my table, that's by my
chair I sit in. Let's just say, I turn that thing on and off a lot. LOL!

Thank you for your thoughts and advice. I appreciate it.

Terri