[Diabetes-Talk] Diabetes and weight

Dr Denise M Robinson deniserob at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 06:26:29 UTC 2019

One of the most crucial factors on how much medication a type 2 diabetic will take is based on the weight of a person. With type two diabetes your pancreas is still producing insulin but cannot produce enough insulin to cover your weight and when you eat that amount of insulin cannot cover the sugar load that comes with food choices and with the weight of your body. So you must take medications or insulin or both. If you do not understand this correlation just do a quick Google search on the pancreas and insulin production with type 2 diabetics. You lose the weight and diabetes issues decline significantly or go away all together.

With type one diabetic‘s the pancreas has stopped working and that is the reason why they must take insulin. For both, Tho weight loss will help you reduce how much insulin or medications you need to take. The heavier you are the more medication you will need to take and more negative ramifications. The lighter you are the less medication or insulin you will need to take. It is all about maintaining a near normal blood sugar which is around 5 A1C and research shows we need to be 7 or under on an A1C scale to escape the worst ramifications.

Type 1 will always be dependent on taking insulin because the pancreas does not work. However I know many type two diabetics who lost all the excess weight and are maintaining this disease with just food and exercise. And they are healthy but very diligent.

We all need to count how many calories or carbohydrates we will intake and then need to take the corresponding insulin or meds to counteract the blood increase that will occur when We eat. This is very different for everyone because everyone metabolizes very differently.

With type 2 diabetics their body mass or weight is more than the capacity of what their pancreas or insulin production can make in order to keep the blood glucose at a normal rate. If you lose your body mass or weight to a very normal level many can completely go off of medication and avoid the devastating results that come with maintaining a very high blood glucose all the time. The heavier you are typically corresponds with more medication you will have to take.  Weight is the enemy of all diabetics though As well as poor food choices and lack of exercise

It is a huge mind change when we begin this journey with diabetes. It took me years of struggle when I first woke up from a coma and understood what I needed to do to be successful with living with this condition. Unfortunately my eyes had to hemorrhage and I had to have severe neuropathy before it really hit that this thing will kill me if I didn’t learn how to control it. ...and it will be s slow grueling transition to death.... it taking one body part at a time. The great thing is once you start eating well and exercising and doing all the other things we need to do you can reverse many side effects. But not all. Many are permanent.

Food has a huge hold on us. Really have a good talk with yourself right now so you don’t end up as one of the statistics. Prayer really helped me as I just could not do it on my own.

I am in no way saying this is an easy process. But you can do it. Start now for a better future.

Sent from Dr Denise M Robinson