[Diabetes-Talk] snacking

Jeanette Kutash kutash-jm at comcast.net
Sat Oct 12 02:16:02 UTC 2019

Applesauce in small half cup portions; some of the no sugar added canned
fruits are easy to eat as they require very little chewing and can slide
down easily. Will you eventually have teeth, or is this permanent? If this
is permanent, I might talk with a nutritionist about learning how to grind
or puree fruit or vegetables, keeping in mind you want some flavor as well.

I have sometimes taken protein powder and a cup of almond milk and some ice
cubes, put them in a blender, and used this as a snack.

There is also a slimfast which is made for diabetics which can be made in a
blender with small amounts of blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen and ice cubes, two
or three, and a cup of almond or skim milk.

Jeanette