[Diabetes-Talk] Was just approved for a dexcom G5, help for a beginner please?

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Sun Oct 27 22:55:27 UTC 2019

Apparently I was told that by my distributor and they said it would also depend on when you needed to order a transmitter.  Within the last 2 weeks the distributer sent an email saying Medicare is now covering the G6 and when we needed to order our next transmitter  that we would be getting the G6.

Well I called 2 weeks ago and I was told they could not refil my order until October 17.  I told them that the transmitter was telling my I had 2 more weeks on the transmitter.  Well I had a malfunctioning sensor and I had one sensor left.  Dexcom told me to attach the last one so I called the distributer and told them it was 2 days after the October 17 date & did they ship it.  They told me the would check and I was told that they were processing the order and they would be shipping it the beginning of the week.

Well the last sensor I had malfunction after 2 days and I have been without my Dexcom since a week on Monday.  I got a notice Friday that an order was shipped out to me, but it didn't say what was being shipped and I had ordered pump supplies.

Let me give everyone a warning that when you are getting near when Medicare will cover the G6 for you, be sure you send in for test strips before you order the G6, as my distributer told me when Medicare covers the G6, they will not pay for glucose test strips.  I did call in for test strips and I am very happy I did.

Joyce

Joyce Kane
 Kane Kids Shop
https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/.../shop/Directory_Departments?store...