[Diabetes-Talk] Food exchange site?

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 21:29:00 UTC 2019

Hi Diana,
The email you responded to from Sandy Ryan, which is below your email in this string of emails has recipes from the American Diabetes Association in the link.  Most of us now count carbs to figure out how much insulin to take and keep our blood sugar in a good range.  .  That information I received from my Diabetes doctor.
If you wanted information when eating out that if a completely different story.  If I were you I would make an appointment promptly with a nutritionist to help with that.  I can let you know that the McDonald's kids meal may have as much as 100 grams of carbs in it.  I usually try to stick with 45 or 60 grams of carbs when I eat out.  I rarely eat at a fast food restaurant these days.  When at a sit down restaurant I will work with the waitress to just put on my plate the number of carbs I desire or I bring with me a zip lock bag in my purse for the leftovers.  At home I usually eat 30 to 45 grams of carbs per meal.
Warmly, Joy