[Diabetes-Talk] 530 G Pump

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Mon Aug 17 21:01:44 UTC 2020

Mary, I started with a Disetronic pump in 1991 and loved those big ol’ bubble buttons. The problem is, the designers and marketers are all young and think that all everyone wants is something that looks cool like their phones. Then they started adding features to the pumps to incorporate more stuff. And then, bingo! Menus and lots of questions. And of course, now they’re being incorporated into continuous glucose monitors and becoming sort of closed loop systems. Now they assume more people will be reading the screens so we’re all expected to pull out the pumps and then try to look decent in public while we shove feet of tubing back into our clothing without getting undressed in public. <grin.>  That is one good thing about the Omnipod since it has no tubing. It makes it easier to use it with an app on my phone like Seeing AI, then just toss the remote back in my pack. But this is the problem of not being on the radar in the beginning. The world has moved on and we just weren’t figured into the equation. After all, what I heard from all these companies was, because of blood testing, the number of people going blind from diabetes is way down so we don’t need to worry about it. They never did seem to get that there are many reasons people lose vision.

So I’ll stick with my Omnipod for as long as the company still supports the older PDM.

Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.

To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com <http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com/>
Phone: 831-429-6407