[Diabetes-Talk] Voice-enabled CGM benefits blind patients with diabetes

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 21:24:27 UTC 2020

Veronica has worked tirelessly for decades to make diabetic devices accessible. Most of us here have done something from making our doctors aware of the issue to speaking at conferences and writing about it for publications. Veronica has done more than most. Action is in deed what we need; we needed it 20 years ago. We needed it 10 years ago. We needed it 5 years ago. We needed it yesterday. Because Veronica points out the lack of action within the Federation does not equate to her doing nothing about it. And for the record, we definitely need accessible CGMs, but the discussion at hand here for weeks has been about accessibility with insulin pumps. This is the particular accessibility issue we are trying to address. It would be helpful if the current issues at hand were understood.