[Diabetes-Talk] Replacement blind friendly Meter recommendations

doula.jarboe at gmail.com doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 19:04:10 UTC 2020

Hi Sarah,

     I feel your pain with getting the blood on the strip.  I'm on the Dexcom G6 now and rarely have to test.  But when I have been testing, my Diabetes educator got me using the Accuchek guide.  Unfortunately, it doesn't talk, so getting it set up takes visual assistance, but it connects to a phone app.  The nice thing about this meter is you can get the drop of blood anywhere on the end of the strip, and it doesn't need a large amount of blood to test.   It beeps a certain way when it has what it needs for a test, and has a different sounding beep if it fails.  Occasionally it does get stuck so it doesn't automatically transfer, but overall, it has worked for me.  Hope this helps.
Doula