[Diabetes-Talk] Replacement blind friendly Meter recommendations

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 20:09:23 UTC 2020

I don't often have issues getting blood on the strip, but I've been testing for 34 years now, and I used to do it sighted. For me, it wasn't a transition to doing it nonvisually. But we all have struggles and that's okay. Typically, when you poke, you can still feel where it pricked your finger. Give the finger a couple of squeezes and then bring the meter to your finger. Place the strip where you feel the prick and do small concentric motions until the strip accepts the blood. In my experience, if it hasn't taken it in a few seconds, it's going to error. At this point, I stop, place a new strip in and start again.