[Diabetes-Talk] Newly Diagnosed Diabetic Popping In

Milton Ota mota1252 at samobile.net
Tue Jan 21 15:07:36 UTC 2020

Hello, and Welcome to the group.

If you haven't started already, you need to spend time exercising and
make it apart of a routine.

I suggest that you get yourself the Prodegy voice Talking Glucose
Meter. Have your doctor prescribe it through your pharmacy. If
insurance won't cover the cost of the meter it is not very expensive to
pay it out of pocket. You can order the meter if paying out of pocket
through the National Federation of the Blind, Independence Market by
calling (410) 659-9314 and speak to someone in the Independence Market.
cost is around $75.00.

If you are having other issues that need special attention, ask your
doctor to refer you to either a Diabetes Educator and that person can
also help you learn to test your blood sugars. The diabetes Educator
might also be a  dietitian, who can help you make good food choices to
better manage your diet and intake of food.

Keep asking questions on this list as there are many who could help.