[Diabetes-Talk] Medicare claims diabetics only need to test 3 times a day

jamielgurganus at gmail.com jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 15:40:26 UTC 2020

Medicare does have interesting philosophies about diabetic care.  However,
when I was going through getting the Animas pump, Medicare needed a one
month log of my blood sugar results showing that I tested four times a day.
Since I was using the Dexcom, my diabetic educator was able to pull a report
of my results for only four times a day for them.  Medicare also does not
pay for routine podiatry foot care, which I think is crazy for diabetics.

That is very strange about losing your Medicare.  Did you also lose your
SSDI?  They kind of go hand in hand.  You are fortunate to be able to have
secondary insurance through your husband now.  When I had secondary
insurance, I could get a three month supply of Dexcom supplies with no
problem.

			Jamie