[Diabetes-Talk] charge dex com

gary-melconian gmelconian619 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 21:43:53 UTC 2020

Veronica, I was with you.i never  pulled it out  either .when I had the
Dexcom g4 and g5 but I am hoping that  the cost for the Dexcom g7 is as
close  to the libre  2 so that the insurance providers can then approve what
the type 1 or type 2 diabetic  users  demands and not be at the mercy of the
insurance providers.    As I have been for the past year with both my
insurance provider and dexcom.   That is my reasoning for going with
freestyle libre  at the moment over dexcom g6,  as the insurance provider
would not give me what i requested.After  several appeal letters and
denials all that  BS. They figured that the libre  system would cost them
less then the dexcom g6.So I am hoping that the dexcom g7 will cost  the
same as the libre 2 system  for a month or so supplies. The monthly cost for
libre an the next gen libre 2 system from what I was  quoted at abbott, will
be $70 for a month of senssors.   So if  I can get that  cost for dexcom g7,
I would then have  choice on which one I would want to pay for out of pocket
at my local pharmacy. so there can be more competition and bring the cost
down on the cgm systems for all of  us diabetics to manage our diabetes  and
enhance our daily lives .