[Diabetes-Talk] Questions regarding the App, My Fitness Pal

Terri Stimmel icecreamlover76 at outlook.com
Sat Jul 11 17:51:23 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of trying to learn how to use the My Fitness Pal
App. I have very little experience with this App. I don't understand a
lot of it. I am also not sure just how accessible the App is. I am using
it on my iPhone.

But here are some things I would like to know.

First of all, when I am adding a food, say for my lunch, can I change it
later on? Or once I save stuff can it not be changed?

For instance, if I discover lately that I added the wrong thing.

Also, can I change the serving size? Or the time that I ate the food?

If so, how might I do this?

And when it comes to setting my goals, what does some of this stuff mean?

For instance, I am wanting to set my calorie goal for the day. When it
asks for the information such as the amount of carbs, protein, and fat,
is it meaning for each meal? Or for the whole day?

Also, how can I learn what these percentages mean? I don't understand
them. I want to eat 1000, to 1500 calories a day. But I have no idea as
to how to set this stuff.

Can anyone possibly help?

Thank you,

Terri