[Diabetes-Talk] Dexcom sensor problem, oops!

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Sun Mar 29 21:02:16 UTC 2020

Hi everyone.
Ummm, anybody try and call Dexcom lately. I've just had a sensor fail,
ordinarily no problem. But you can't call the tech support line. They are
directing us to www.dexcom.com/contact so that we can fill out a tech
support form. Let's just say, if any of you make this form work, you're
better than me. I can't get Jaws to recognize the fields where I can
describe the problem or when it occurred. Then comes the checkbox for I am
not a robot. Jaws doesn't seem to recognize that checkbox so it won't check
it. Then we get to the captcha. I didn't even try.
Oh well, out goes the sensor anyway. It was supposed to last five more days,
too. Oh well, sign of the times I guess. Maybe during the week I can get
someone and get a sensor. I hate when it happens like this before my next
order has arrived. Yes boys and girls, my order was delayed because my
doctor did not get the most recent office chart notes sent to Dexcom in a
timely manner. Three cheers for bureaucracy. Boo hiss!
I don't know about the rest of you, but during this scary time, I'm trying
to keep really tight control of my blood sugars and the Dexcom does give me
that extra bit of security. Also, it prevented a whole bunch of trouble for
me as I got a bad batch of pods. By that I mean, they all leaked insulin.
Thankfully I'd get alerted to that first rise in my readings and could
change the pod if I were home. What a mess that was! But it would have been
way worse without the Dexcom.
Okay, hi fingers! Nice to meet you, I mean beat you again. <grin.>
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407