[Diabetes-Talk] the Free Style Libre question please - Thanks a lot in advance!

gary-melconian gmelconian619 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 22:32:46 UTC 2020

They do both the job of you not having to prik your fingers and get glucos
readings.   the dexcom g6 is a fully cgm where   as the libre is a fgm that
means  you will have to scan the libre  sensor with your phone or a reader
which neither one o these reders ae accessible ot he blind whtherh that be
the dexcom or the libre one. dexcom g series you wont.there  is a cost
difference as far as the start up cost for these.  The dexcom versus the
libre.the entire dexcom cost about $1500 to start  where  as the libre cost
about $300 to start an   every so often the cost of sensors  an transmitters
for dexcom where  as cost of sensor for libre. The cost of the sensors will
depend on your  insurance and some of them will have   an  expensive co pay
with dexcom and where  as the libre  will be fully covered.that has  been my
experience being in California and with both blue cross  insurance and now
health net PPO insurance.  I don't know what it would be with government
program like medicare or medicaid.    But just tiving my experience dealing
with both dexcom an libre.Also sometimes the sensors will work an othe time
they will fail with dexcom wher a the libre sensors will just work and the
will not be any issues.if it wa me I would test both system with your doctor
if he has htem as samples an then make yoru decision as which one will work
They are both solution to not having ot finger prik any more for my case.  .