[Diabetes-Talk] V-go insulin system

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:46:33 UTC 2020

Jamie,

Thanks for the intel. This is very helpful. Like you, I have rather low
insulin needs. So, this system would not work for me either. When I moved to
Iowa, I made the decision to go off the InPen. I have no support here to
assist with pump needs when I need it. It made sense for me to transition
off. However, I want to be back on a pump. I'm using Levemir for my long
acting, and Humalog in the InPen. First, InPen is a novelty. I've not found
it to be any different than a traditional insulin pen. I do like that I can
confirm delivered doses via its app, but other than that, it does nothing
else useful in my opinion. It does not even provide info about how much
insulin is left in the pen, which would be helpful. I confirmed with InPen
that it does not provide this info. It's supposed to pair with Dexcom, but
it does not provide real time info. I have to manually plug doeses, carbs,
etc. for it to calculate. And I hate logging on 2 separate apps, so I
stopped logging on InPen, and just stick to logging info on Dexcom. My BGs
have not been too bad since transitioning, but I definitely have better,
tighter control with a pump. I really hope accessibility is being considered
with these apps; I would switch back to a pump in a heart beat if I had more
independent control with a pump. I know DAN and the NFB were supposed to
revive efforts on this again, but have not heard anything substantive beyond
it putting yet another committee together.