[Diabetes-Talk] The Freestyle Libre System

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Sat Oct 3 18:13:48 UTC 2020

I use a mail order supplier for my Dexcom products called United States medical which is located in Florida and their number is (305) 436-6033
When I set up my account with them they contacted the doctor and got all the information they needed to satisfy my original Medicare plan and bill under part B. They are extremely knowledgeable about what is covered and what is not so I’d give them a call and see what they know about the freestyle and if they can provide service in a location where you live. When I first went on the Dexcom G6 model I had understood that Medicare would no longer pay for test strips but I am able to get them from US medical anytime I call to request.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 3, 2020, at 8:45 AM, Milton via Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Let me chime in here.
>
> When I inquired about going on a CGM with my Endocronologist she seemed to have knowledge that as long as you or your doctor specifies that you test your blood sugar levels at least 4-times a day and that you are covered under Medicare, the doctor is able to submit a prescription request to Dexcom and Dexcom will contact Medicare for approval.
>
> Now, Medicare takes quite a while to approve the request so one needs to be patient.
>
> I currently have a small co-payment that I have to make to the supplier of my Dexcom G6 supplies but it is not that bad.
>
> So, check with your doctor on options for payment and co-payment and once you find the right source you would be on your way.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/debbiewund
>>> e
>>> r%40ch
>>> arter.net