[Diabetes-Talk] FDA approves Medtronic's Bluetooth-controlled insulin pump for children ages 2 and up | FierceBiotech

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Fri Sep 18 03:36:02 UTC 2020

I am forwarding the article I just read about the new Medtronic 770 Bluetooth pump becoming available now. It states that the pumpkin be controlled from the iPhone. Can’t find  too much more information about it. Wondering if it is voice over and talk back compatible for those of us who are blind and if indeed the new guardian sensor is going to be more accurate than the old Guardian which I have not used but other patients and my doctor had said was not accurate enough. I am still holding out that Tandem Diabetes will soon come out with an app which will control the pump and be compatible with screen readers.  In July they they did come out with a phone app that shows all of the information that is also found on the pump but as of yet cannot control the pump. Also, I do not know if it is VoiceOver compatible. Dexcom is such a great sensor And that is the oneand that is the one that tandem uses. My endocrinologist said that in the future these devices will become a mix and match sort of thing so that you might use different sensors with the same pump and different blood glucose monitors and different algorithms to tailor make a system for the patient. Does anyone have any more information about the new pump?
Patricia
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/medtech/fda-approves-medtronic-s-bluetooth-controlled-insulin-pump-for-children-ages-2-and-up