[Diabetes-Talk] applying blood

Milton mota1252 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:07:05 UTC 2021

Hello,

If you have been following some of the suggestions provided on this list you
will find that many times it is a hit and miss. It is best to run your hands
under warm water if your hand is always cold.

You might want to use a rubbing motion from the base of your finger toward
the tip of the finger you plan to draw blood from.

You could try vigorously swinging your whole arm in an up and down motion to
help blood get to the palm and finger tips.

I would also rotate hands and finger so to prevent calluses from developing
and you end up having hard dry skin where you constantly prick to get blood.

The best spot to prick is near the tip of the finger or on the side close to
the tip.