[Diabetes-Talk] strange message

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Sat Aug 14 06:26:44 UTC 2021

I belong to a group that meets once a month with a former Apple employee who is now an accessibility trainer who keeps us up-to-date with everything iOS. He said that Apple actually sells refurbished phones for a fraction of the cost of new phones and these are extremely reliable. What they do is take the trade in phones that they get and phones that may have been returned due to some problem and completely dismantle them. Then they Test every single component and discard any non-functioning parts. They then build a brand new phone from all of the working components and sell them. This would be a more reliable source than just buying a used phone. We were told that brand new phones are not individually tested when they come off the production line but that they only pull one out of every so many off the line to test. Every single refurbished phone however gets tested.
I may go this route next time I need a new phone. My current one is an 8 and seems to be functioning pretty well but is now considered an older model.  it doesn’t have some of the new accessibility features such as text recognition, screen recognition, and image recognition that could be very valuable.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone