[Diabetes-Talk] Medtronic 5G pump question

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 23:59:42 UTC 2021

I went to mu endocrinologist today.  I have been having a lot of inulin
reactions and bad enough to pass out on the floor & waking up 2 hours later.

Now I have had my pump for 4 years.  I count carbs, check my Dexcom and
calculate what I need to bolis  for meals and count out how many units,
lesten and hit OKto take it.  When I went in today and we had a long chat
about what I need to do, she told me she wanted  me to enter my carb count
and BS level and it would calculate a dosage and ask me to confirm to OK
that is suggested.

Now I am a bit puzzled as I never did anything like this before.

I looked on my IPhone and realized The Dexcom is on my IPhone, not my pump.

The more I thought about what she told me, I realized I don't have any
talking ability to do this.

So those who have the 5G pump can I do this without any sighted help?  What
would I be looking for on the pump?  Boliss?And my last question with the 5G
pump if your blood sugars going low is this pump one that will stop giving
insulin for a certain length of time??

I have no light perception and basically home alone most of the time.

I have had BS drop quickly enough that the Dexcom starts with the beeping
and by the time I walk15 feet into my kitchen and tried opening a can of
pineapple juice I have passed out and I find myself on the floor a couple
hours later.

Joyce Kane

Kane Kids Shop