[Diabetes-Talk] meters

Dorothea Martin bestsinger at samobile.net
Tue Jan 12 15:03:57 UTC 2021

Hello, Ed and Everyone,
To go on with what Ed said, the ReliOn Pro Voice is easily available
though hardly as accessible as the Prodigy Voice. However,
accessibility is not the whole story, since the quality of the meter
itself must be considered. The ReliOn meters show up near the top of
reviews, while Prodigy courts the bottom. We must also keep in mind
that the Prodigy meters, including the Voice, have not been updated in
years and are getting long in the tooth. I'm beginning to think that if
we must continue to use those inexpensive little glucometers with small
memories, we will also keep on having to face a trade-off between the
device's actual quality as a meter and its accessibility.
Dotty Martin