[Diabetes-Talk] meters

doula.jarboe at gmail.com doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:31:57 UTC 2021

Hi Dottie,

     This is one of the things I really like about the Akuchek guide.  You
don't have just one little slot that you have to get the blood to.  It has a
fairly wide receptor area, so it's easier to get the blood accepted to begin
with.  It gives a lower tone beep if there's an error, although sometimes
you have to pull the strip out and put it back in the meter to figure that
out.  When I used to use the Prodigy, often times I'd go through 4 or 5
strips to get a reading.  Now a good amount of the time I'm getting a
reading with the first strip.  When you do get a reading, it beeps, pauses
for a second or two and then there is a second beep.  HTH
Doula