[Diabetes-Talk] Medical Device Non-Visual Accessibility Act

robert stigile rstigile at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 21:53:40 UTC 2021

Veronica,
The act is calling on the US access board to create rules that the FDA will then publish so that companies know they have to comply.
One year after that all devices would need to be accessible.
So to answer your question, the access board creates the rules the FDA inforces the rules.

I hope that helps.

Robert Stigile, Second Vice-President
President San Fernando Valley Chapter
818-381-9568

> On Jan 23, 2021, at 1:14 PM, Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter via Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Veronica,
>
> Great question, and thanks for pointing out.

>>> tm_med
>>> ium=Email&utm_campaign=NTIJan_01302021&utm_content=ShareNow&elqTrackI
>>> =bbd5d
>>> c92b63c4ff7ad19fee1956b9320&elq=5430f22d0e8948b8bcbd8a9448f7a9e7&elqa
>>> i
>>> d=3784
>>> &elqat=1&elqCampaignId=1853>
>>> &utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=NTIJan_01302021&utm_content=ShareNow&e
>>> qTrack
>>> Id=bbd5dc92b63c4ff7ad19fee1956b9320&elq=5430f22d0e8948b8bcbd8a9448f7a