[Diabetes-Talk] Sensor insertion times...

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Jan 27 21:07:06 UTC 2021

Hi Paul,

I’m using the Dexcom G6 and it also gives off alerts that the sensor will be expiring. It begins 24 hours in advance then about 12 hours, 6 hours and 30 minutes before its going to time out. I was told by Dexcom support to just let them expire on their own if it is possible. I typically change mine around 8:30 PM and if I find the schedule is getting later than that I will do a forced stop since I want it up and running before I go to sleep.

Dexcom support also has told me that if/when I force the sensor to stop, I should give it 5 minutes before starting up the next one. Which by the time I have the old one removed, my skin wiped with alcohol swabs, and the transmitter cleaned off, and the new sensor inserted it is easily 5 minutes.

HTH.

Eileen