[Diabetes-Talk] Questions regarding processed meats

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 04:36:31 UTC 2021

Terri,
All great information from Sandi. I do myself like the flavor of sausage and there is a pretty easy way to mix up these flavors at home. You can take ground turkey breast or extra lean ground beef and mix in some garlic powder fennel seed and some salt and pepper. If you like it hot and spicy put in some crushed red pepper flakes and extra ground pepper. Then you can just use this as if it were sausage. Brown it and chop it up and cook with some marinara sauce, make into patties, use as a base for meatballs,. These ingredients make an Italian flavored type of sausage. For more of a breakfast sausage you can use sage and or poultry seasoning to replace the fennel seed.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone