[Diabetes-Talk] Walmart meter

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Sat Jan 30 22:37:43 UTC 2021

ReliOn premier voice blood glucose monitoring system is the name. At my Walmart it is $14.98. I do not have any personal knowledge about this and just looked it up on my Walmart app. I was going to try to copy and paste the full description of the item here in this post but since upgrading to iOS 14 apparently the text selection and edit options on the rotor have changed and don’t know how to copy and paste it. The description indicates that there is a voice guidance feature that can be turned on or off in settings that is supposed to allow the user to activate all the functions of the device. It also will link to the ReliOn app that will display the blood glucose reading and give you access to all of the records, summaries, etc.
If you have the Walmart app just open it and search for this product by its exact name and the details are way down on the page. The Walmart app is free so even if you don’t want to use it on a regular basis it’s a good search tool. This app also allows you to search things on walmart.com to have delivered to your house. I have also found on this app when looking up food items that very often there is a copy of the nutrition facts label for people wanting carbohydrate or other information about the foods.
I am anxious to hear peoples opinion on how accurate this meter is and perhaps it will be better than Prodigy.  My complaint about Prodigy is that I could do three tests pretty much in a row and get results all the way from 120 to 159.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone