[Diabetes-Talk] Wave of the Future: New Glucose Technology Could Revolutionize Care | diaTribe

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Thu Jul 15 14:24:18 UTC 2021

Thanks this was very interesting too. I question this one because they say neither the device nor the batteries do not need to be replace. Being a skeptic and knowing that all these diabetes companies love to sell stuff to keep money coming in I don’t know how they will profit off of this unless the initial cost is high. Don’t get me wrong I’d love it if they can do it, but question it. At least with an Apple watch just for an example, I know they look to keep you coming back after a few years for the newest, latest & greatest model.

I also got a kick out of the young guy who after getting a reading of a BG at 200 he ate pastry & chocolate! I’d be taking insulin at that point not eating things known to give my BG level a high boost.

Thanks.

Eileen.