[Diabetes-Talk] Which Meter

joystigile at gmail.com joystigile at gmail.com
Sun May 23 22:11:56 UTC 2021

Hi Dave,
Just as before you need to have your Doctor write a "letter of Necessity" to
your insurance company.  Also, for the strip amount to use each day.  My
Doctor wrote the letter up for me to test six times a day because he knew
from me that at least 2 times a day a strip would be messed up, either by
not enough blood, dropping it on the floor or in the sink.
The Prodigy Auto code meter will only give you the result once, it always
seem in the beginning I would have a phone ring or someone would want my
attention just as I was hearing the result and I did not catch what it said!
Plus, you will need a sighted person to set it up the first time and then
each time you put in dew batteries, and when the time is changed in the
Fall.
Just keep insisting to your Doctor for his or her help.  You might have to
buy the Prodigy Voice yourself from the Independence Market if you do not
want to wait.
Warmly, Joy