[Diabetes-Talk] re impression so far of libre 2 after a few days of use

gmelconian619 at gmail.com gmelconian619 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 21:54:57 UTC 2021

Hello  as I stated  to the group that I was going to get the libre 2 this
week .i ended up getting my libre 2 senssors from my CVS pharmacy on Monday
night.i put them on Tuesday   morning, set up the libre 2 app. the libre 2
app  was very easy to set up with the I phone with voice over.all the
buttons , edit boxes  and all that  was very accessible.since I had  my
previous libre account set up,  all I had to do was log into my libre
account on libre 2 app ,  and  all the info from  the libre 1 set up synced
to the libre 2 , as it related to  people  in my family, and doctors
following  my libre were  all there and no issues on that  front. In the
libre 2 ap I se that there  is lots of useful information. Also I linked up
the libre 2 app,   to the  libre view site, so I  could  view all the
information through the libre view website, as  far as all my glucos
numbers,  food , exercise and insulin dozing ,   trends, high and lows,
averages,  time in range  and one more thing  that  I am forgetting was
there as well. Just like the dexcom,  the libre 2,  the  graphs are not
accessible to  us unfortunately.   the initial set up  of the senssor was
exactly like the libre 1. No issues there.the libre 2  senssor is actually
smaller then the libre 1 senssor .    As well I was able to  use my older
overlay patchs  from libre 1,  on libre 2,  that saved me from having to
get new overlay patchs. The first day with any cgm system,   comparing and
contrasting the libre 2 cgm with my gluco meter till things settled in with
the cgm.  The difference between my gluco meter an the libre 2 on first day
was  a bit inconsistent,  butt after the first day then things  settled in
an the difference between my gluco meter and the libre 2 on average wer more
accurate and more in line then libre 1.  On average,  the difference between
my gluco meter and libre 2,  was between 5 to 15 no greater then that. After
the second and third days,  the difference was even smaller between 1 to 10
units difference between my gluco meter  and the libre 2 cgm on average
through  out the day .  So this may differ  depending on food, exercise and
medications. Alerts an alarms,   only thing I don't like , hoping that  the
libre folks improve are no customization in the alarm tones you have  either
standard or  custom.   In custom,  there  is no customization as I  would
think like the dexcom g5 I had in the past  . The urgent low is hard coded
at 55 or lower. Low and high alerts an alarms can be changed  , the default
that  they have is 70 for low and 240 for high and I changed those and to
reflect my tighter control. So far I am really liking  what I am seing.i did
not have any issues with any of my medications  interfering with the libre 2
at all.  Overall will let you know  over a longer  period of how things
improve from initial impression .  So ffar I am sticking with libre 2 for
the time being due to the fact  that  most insurance wwill givea harder tim
in covering Dexcom and out of pocket dexcom is more expensive then libre 1
or libre 2 at $140 for a month use of libre senssors  in which medicare and
other  insurance cover them . as my insurance covered 80% of it an its only
costing me  20% out of pocket.    What I did hear from my pharmacy,  and I
don't know , most need to  ask , is that the libre 1 will be phased out at
beginning of year at major pharmacies for libre 2.  So take that   into
consideration for those who are  users  of libre 1 14 day at the  moment.
I would do some investigating between now an the new year about the phase
out of libre 1 for libre 2 depending   where  you get your sensors at  hope
this helps those with libre 1 14 day senssors  on  libre 2 impressions so
far.