[Diabetes-Talk] Getting Blood On The Strip And Also Using Libre 2

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Sat Nov 20 04:42:14 UTC 2021

Also, in addition to the expiration date printed on the strips the recommendation is to use the entire vial within 90 days of first opening it. My feeling is that they do last a bit longer than that and expired strips often last a bit longer after the expiration date but if there is a dramatic length of time then they will tend to go bad. Also, test strips should not be kept in A bathroom or the active part of the kitchen due to humidity and sometimes heat. The strips are destroyed by both of these things. I keep my test kit on a table between the family room and kitchen another problem location is in a car when temperatures can be very hot or very cold. Strips should be generally kept at room temperature.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone