[Diabetes-Talk] Suggestions for clear liquid diet

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Sep 11 20:30:31 UTC 2021

Sounds like the diet for a colonoscopy. I would recommend having juice or soda for the period you must prepare for the procedure and check your sugars more often than usual. Did they recommend cutting your insulin in any way or other diabetic meds? Even though your getting carbs (sugars) from the clear liquids you might find yourself running low since the high sugars don’t sustain for the length that solid foods with proteins & fats do.

Eileen