[Diabetes-Talk] oral medications and blood sugar numbers

sjryan2 at gmail.com sjryan2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 14:38:45 UTC 2022

Nausea alone does not constitute a low. Nausea is one of the potential side
effects of metformin. If you were put on the 2,000 mg at the very beginning,
you might want to ask the doctor if your dose can be lowered for a few
weeks. Usually nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea tend to go away fairly early
on. Then your dose can be raised again. Remember, I am not a medical
authority, just a person with diabetes sharing what was done for me, so
don't do this on your own. Talk with your doctor.

Sandi