[Diabetes-Talk] Fwd: Join Dexcom's Accessibility Initiative

Les Fitzpatrick lfitz50 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 00:08:51 UTC 2022

Mine works withios 15.5 also.

Les fitzpatrickPiano Technician
Ham call K5FPT

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk <diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Patricia Maddix via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 11:17 AM
To: gmelconian619 at gmail.com
Cc: Patricia Maddix <pmaddix at comcast.net>; Diabetes Talk for the Blind <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-Talk] Fwd: Join Dexcom's Accessibility Initiative

Gary,
Dexcom voluntarily sent a representative to attend the April 6 event that was put on by the insulin pump accessibility task force which is a collaboration of NFB, ACB, and CNIB. After the event they approached us to set up a meeting to discuss accessibility.  OOur task force had that zoom meeting with them in May and  it was a great conversation from both sides. They gained great insight into the needs of blind and low vision users. The G7 will be coming out soon and they are constantly updating their equipment and technology and want to involve blind people in testing along the way. Veronica and I both just recently had to buy new iPhones and encountered a step in the reset up process of the app that did not work with voiceover. It is great that they want to keep an open communication at Dexcom to make sure as time goes forward that they always keep at the forefront accessibility. Dexcom officially is still only saying that their current app will work with iOS 14 although mine is working with iOS 15.5. This is one of the points we want to discuss with them to make sure that they’re able to keep up to date as quickly as possible when new smart phone updates become available so that blind users are not left without being able to access their blood sugar information.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone