[Diabetes-Talk] hi from a new member, and question about checking sugars

Danielle McCann danielletmccann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 18:08:19 UTC 2022

Hi David!
Welcome! There are two main stream and accessible ways to check blood sugars right now. The first would be a talking glucometer and the second would be a continuous glucose monitor. As far as I know, the two that are most accessible are the decks calm and the freestyle libre. The difference between these two is that you have to manually prick your finger and add a drop of blood to the glucometer anytime you want to check your sugar. The continuous glucose monitor is a small wearable device that is inserted under your skin and you wear it for a certain amount of days. It constantly checks your blood sugars and notifies you, often through a phone app, when your sugars are high or low. I hope this information helps.
Danielle

Sent from the iPhone of Danielle T McCann