[Diabetes-Talk] working again

Milton mota1252 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 12:15:07 UTC 2022

Hi,

Has your doctor who is treating you for your diabetes submitted
claim/justification for you going on the Dexcom so that your co-pay will get
reduced. They can only do that if you were testing your blood sugar levels 4
or more times a day and that you are having a difficult time taking control
of your blood sugar levels.

For me, it took over a year before Medicare approved my use of the Dexcom
and the amount that I pay as the co-pay portion is very little compared to
what the actual cost of the 90-days supply of sensors and one transmitter.