[Diabetes-Talk] Pogo Glucose Monitoring system, is it real?

Lisa Belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Wed May 18 22:46:00 UTC 2022

Hi, all.

My sister just told me about a new device called the Pogo that was just
approved by the FDA.  Apparently you stick a finger in it like you would
a blood oxygen monitor, and it draws a small sample of blood and tests
it by using a lancet and a test strip that's in a cartridge that's
inserted into the device.  It uses replaceable cartridges that have the
lancets and strips included in the cartridge.  It has audible alarms if
a reading is considered too high or low.  I'm not sure if this is
customizable, or if the alarms are a different sound for too high or too
low.  The device itself doesn't speak, but there are apps so it can be
paired with an Android or iOS phone.  This thing supposedly doesn't
require a prescription.

The price my sister found was $68 for the device.  Not sure about the
cartridges.

Obviously, this would be a huge breakthrough for anyone who has great
difficulty getting an accurate test reliably.

Has anyone tried this, and are the Smart Phone apps accessible?

I haven't heard anyone mention this on any diabetes or tech list, so I
hope it's not a pie in the sky thing.

Lisa

--
Lisa Belville