[Diabetes-Talk] Medtronic releases new seven day extended ware infusion set for its pumps

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Mon Nov 21 04:02:02 UTC 2022

The reservoir is that I was using in my last Medtronic pump held 300 units of insulin. Assuming that that is the case with the newest pump as well. As I use 20 units a day that will definitely last me a week assuming that even losing 15 to 25 units in the tubing added on.  I believe they said that it is possible to change out the reservoir without changing the infusion set as priming would not be necessary and that one of the goals was to cut down on medical waste which this would accomplish.

 However, Tandem has just recommended that I try changing my sites every two days rather than every three days because of the large amount of irritation and swelling that I get at the infusion site so this might not help me at all. I just need to figure out if I am allergic to the insulin, the material in the cannula or just what.  When I was using a Medtronic pump I sometimes went as long as five days without changing the site with no adverse effects. oh I know that’s almost like being against the pumpers law but there you have it. Do you all change your Lancet every time you prick your finger?
It will be interesting to see how this new infusion set works for people and if they encounter tissue problems or degradation of insulin being at body temperature for seven days.
Patricia
  Send   from my iPhone