[Diabetes-Talk] Accessibility of Omni pod five

Ed Worrell ntnmprt at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:03:34 UTC 2022

Hey Veronica,

Yes, you have to read the pod info tab with Seeing Ai. This is mostly used to read how much insulin is left in the pod. I do this only on day 3.

The Dexcom app is mandatory, as the OmniPod app does not send alerts, let you start a sensor, or give you the ability to see trend arrows. The Dexcom app is needed even for sighted users.

The Glooko app is needed for your doctor to see how much insulin is being used, carb intake, etc. This is needed for sighted users as well.

The system is very accessible as it is right now. Yes, it needs improvements but it can be used quite easily by blind diabetics.

On another note, I have been 93% in range sense I have been on the OmniPod 5 system.