[Diabetes-Talk] New 2023 Medicare Insulin Coverage

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 06:56:40 UTC 2022

See below A link to  the information regarding the new caps on insulin cost for Medicare patients starting 2023 that I received in a recent Medicare newsletter from the official Medicare website. Many of us have been aware that recent legislation passed a benefit capping the cost of insulin to $35 per month under part D prescription drug coverage. However, many of us using insulin pumps were afraid that this would not apply as  Many times insulin is billed under Medicare part B when it is used in an insulin pump I was delighted to see that starting later in 2023 that the $35 per month Will apply no matter whether your insulin is covered through your part D or your part B insurance.
Patricia

https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/insulin