[Diabetes-Talk] Questions regarding eating a vegetarian, or vegan lifestyle

Terri Stimmel icecreamlover76 at outlook.com
Sun Oct 23 18:28:27 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

As some of you know, I have really been struggling with eating better.
Or knowing what to eat. It all really frustrates me. I find it all
rather difficult.

I've made a lot of changes in the last year. I was able to stop my
insulin. But there have been issues with some oral medications. Now they
are talking about putting me back on some insulin for a while. But I
don't want this, if it can be avoided.

I have been doing quite a bit of research, and I am considering making
major changes in how I eat. I am considering eating more of a vegetarian
lifestyle. Or possibly even the Vegan way of eating. I have even looked
into a whole food, plant based way of eating.

However, before I completely make my decision, I am trying to learn as
much as I can. This way I can make the best decision possible. But also,
because I struggle to cook. Although, I have gotten a little better at
it. I plan to work on it more, and more.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here follows these ways of eating?

If so, how do you feel it is helpful to you?

And if you have any issues, or struggles, what might they be?

How do you make sure you are getting enough proper nutrition?

Any thoughts, or advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Terri